Monday, December 16, 2013

Through The WInding Woodwork


Through The Winding Woodwork




Photography: Chaz Boren
Poetry: Jetta Marie
Gratitude Of The Day: Finally being able to speak and breath again! Bronchitis and Laryngitis at the same time with a sever lung condition already present; boy, that is a humbling experience. Helps you be grateful for things you truly don't notice until you don't have them anymore. GOOD TO BE BACK!

Through The Winding Woodwork

Though the road was dark at  times
The way a mystery
Though a challenge great was placed en-route
I was granted eyes to see

Past the darkness and wary moments
Into perceptions Kinder
Knowing that although I struggled
There was a soft reminder

"Yours breaths are shallow, child
Your voice gone for a time
But in this rare serenity 
 You must be still and use your mind

You don't have to chatter so
To speak the things you may
You simply have to use your head now
And find another way

To use your voice creatively
And give your message wings
No matter what the challenge is
See all the grateful things

In those moments that you struggled
To take a single breath
You knew that though it hurt so
This plague would not warrant death

Though your words in verbiage, taken
By means of  mouth and tongue
It was a moment rare in time
To see that your work has just begun

Sometimes you need a moment
When you cannot cease the chatter
To sit and see the world anew
And a take a look at things that matter

As I traveled through my days
No idle chatter passed my lips
And in the  message I preach each day
I noticed things even I would miss

Through a windy, winding road
I continue on my quest
To remind us all, including me
To be grateful to our best

Give thanks for things you notice
Be they big or small
For in this grand perception
We can overcome it all.

I am through the winding woodwork
Coming out the other side
And I am so grateful for my time
Where in silence I did abide.





















No comments:

Post a Comment