Saturday, December 14, 2013

Letter to readers: Thankful for modern medicine

Dearest Readers;

So over the last few weeks, I am sure you have all noticed a bit of a lag in the posts; I ended up going back to my Doctor yesterday and he told me I had bronchitis and Laryngitis. I know, FUN, right? :|  Those of you how know me probably understand how serious this is for me, because of  the severity of my asthma. Some of you may not, but lets just say there was a point in my life that getting the flu or bronchitis would mean a good chance of a hospital visit for me.

But looking back on the things I have been through, it may be hard to believe it but I am grateful for a lot right now, and though some things may get poetry, I want them all to be acknowledged.

I am grateful for being born in a time and place where medical treatment gave me a chance to fight the disabilities I have and beat them. I know that without the wonderful Doctors who monitor my challenging health conditions like hawk, and take such good care of me every single time I come in with something, I would no be standing here today, much less living the wonderful life I do. Because of the era in which I was born, I was able to fight and I can testify to everyone who reads this I am stronger because of what I have been through. I have also learned how powerful optimism is when you are sick.

When you get very sick, it is so easy to just lay there and stare at the ceiling thinking "no way, not now. I have things to do for Heavens sake! I cannot be sick right now and this is stupid. I don't want to stay in bed and this is not fair. WHY ME?"  We have all been there, and the longer you are sick, the more restless and cynical you become. I know that is a pattern all to familiar to even myself. But looking back on my wonderful, sarky little attitude I  realize why I was sick so long. Rather than seeing all the wonderful things to find a way to get out of bed for; like the sunshine on my face, my husband coming home from a long day at work and asking about my day first, my AMAZING Service/Therapy dog who never left my side, my husband INSISTING on high speed internet even though we were next to broke just so that I had a window into the outside world...for some reason that baffles me now I chose to lay in that dark little one apartment bedroom and think about reasons why life was unfair. Just saying it now; That was a mistake.

The wonderful thing about this life though, is that I grew from all that. I understand how important it is to be optimistic and grateful, especially in times when it does not come easy. I understand the power of a journal or blog or SOMETHING to help you remember gratitude when times like this arise. I understand forgiving yourself when you may slack on things, and having the courage to take your place where you left off. I understand what a blessing it is to live in a world where you can learn from your mistakes and grow from them. And I am so grateful to be allowed to have the courage to lead others the way I do. That is ACTUALLY a miracle in and of itself because I  have this thing called severe social anxiety. :)  I have learned to overcome it with optimism and never giving up. ( I believe when it comes to me that  the latter is refereed to as "divinely directed stubbornness.") 

I love you all, and no matter how hard it is to be grateful some days do not give up. You do not have to do this alone. I am here and praying for each one of you and I know that once you get this ball rolling, you are going to be ok.
Poem To My Followers

Somehow you'll get through today
Gratitude will lead your way
Don't give up to dark and blue
Cause the strength to be grateful 
IS INSIDE YOU!

Love and am grateful for all of you. Thank you so much for all your support and love. Have a wonderful day everyone.

Artfully Yours,

Jetta Marie




No comments:

Post a Comment