Tuesday, December 24, 2013

My Christmas Letter




My Dearest Readers;

It has been a whirlwind of excitement this year in the Boren Household. Chaz is still working hard at the call center on the Ticket To Work project, and as always, is excelling in all that he does. I am so proud of all the progress he has made this year and admire him beyond words.

There has been a lot of self reflection during 2013 for both of us, and through a dear friend and counselor, Ms. Carrie Wrigley, our marriage and sense of self has been given a new light and understanding. We have learned so much about ourselves this year, and in learning to understand ourselves, we have come to appreciate each other so much more. It can be so hard to admit when you need a referee in life,whether it be for yourself or your marriage or just someone you love. But sometimes you need to swallow your pride and admit  that you need another perspective on things once and a while. Good lesson, people, whether you need to go the therapy route or not; sometimes you need to put your feelings aside and get a different set of perception filters. Never be afraid to ask for help when you are stuck. I learned the hard way why pride is such a toxic trait, but I have come out the other side and we are doing great. Just needed a tune up, I guess. ;)

Through the self exploration in therapy this year, Chaz has realized a dream of his that he has been putting on the back burner. He has decided to take a leap of faith during 2014, and begin an amazing path for his life. He wants to be a Psychologist. He has been scared of the notion because of the price tag and the intensity of the schooling involved, but he has found the courage to follow his heart in what he wants and I am so proud of him! He is going to make an AMAZING doctor, and I know that with all the experience he already has in that subject and the natural ability to coach people and get them to put their brains in place, he is going to make a huge difference for people. Its funny to me that about the same time he finally decided to shoot for his star, his sister Mysti started a similar goal and enrolled in a class to get started. Not sure if she is going to go the Doctor route or not, but it's crazy how similar they are. They could have been twins with the way they share brain waves. :D

As most of you know, I have embarked on a journey of my own. Through the encouragement of my sweet husband, I have found my own courage to start a career as a photographer and poet. There is a lot of work to do in 2014, but I am so excited to be involved in a career I am so passionate about. I work for Lifetouch doing school photos, and am starting to gain a rapport with my own work as well. I have my own small set of clients, and have done a few shoots with great success. I have a few more lined up for the coming year, and am learning new techniques every day. Chaz allowed me to make a studio out of our guest bedroom, and though the space is limited things are going great. I have a lot of projects planned for the coming year, and have finally found my niche in the world.

I have also stared a gratitude blog, which many of you are already following. During the holiday things have been kind of tough on the upkeep, but I have a few new tricks up my sleeve that are taking a bit longer than my usually daily posts.Go big or go home, right? The new year is going to bring lots of changes to my efforts to spread gratitude, and I hope and pray that my ventures make a difference to my reader. I have been so humbled by the response that my work has gotten. I have had it up since Nov 2013 and have hit 600 viewers. I have several from Europe, a few from Asia and hundreds from the good old USA. I am so grateful for each and every one of you and hope you will continue to follow along.

I was called as a ward missionary this last month. I have been given the task to be the ward photographer and will be working on a project to get pictures of our members and the activities we do for the year. The goal is to bring some unity to the ward, and help  members know who people are so that we can get to know watch other. I pray that what I have been set apart to do can make a difference to those I work with, and I am very excited for this calling.

There have been some very tough challenges in our family during this year, but as a family we have and currently are meeting each one with love, support, and courage. My amazing uncle, Kyle Cannon, passed away this past year after a 30 year struggle with MS. But there has been so much to be grateful for during this hard time in our family. His wife is truly one of the most beautiful woman I know, and an example to me of strength and the pure love of Christ. She stated recently that though his passing was difficult, it was also a truly beautiful 10 days. I am not going to go into all the amazing things that happened during that time, but hearing her acknowledge the beauty of that difficult time is remarkable to me, and I am so grateful for her and her wonderful family.

I am so grateful for the holiday season, and the chance to publicly  acknowledge the wonderful life I have. I have been so blessed with the family I was born into, and the one I have been "adopted" into by my husbands side. I am grateful for the opportunities that are before me for the coming year, and for all those who have made it possible. I am grateful to be on the path to going back to church and overcoming the social anxiety I have been crippled with for so long. I am thankful for the talents I have, and the chance I have to use them to better the world. May your holiday season be a time to reflect on the wonders of the world around you, and may your days in the coming years truly be merry and bright. I love you all and hope you have a great New Year.

Sincerley,

Jett, Chaz, and the puppies






No comments:

Post a Comment