Wednesday, January 22, 2014

Chasing The Sun


Photography: Jetta Marie
Poetry: Jetta Marie
Gratitude Of The Day: Being able to start each day chasing the beauty of the sunrise, and keeping that beauty in my heart for when the day starts to get challenging. Photography has given me new, happier eyes, and in learning to see beauty through my camera lenses, I am learning to see it in through my "gratitude goggles" too. 
Chasing The Sun

As it rises each day,
At sets each night,
I make my meager mortal attempts 
To capture moments of the sun.
Though I know I can never succeed
My attempts to hold its colors,
Its warmth,
Its life, 
In that small window of time
That I have to photograph its peak
Bring the first
And last rays of gratitude for each day

The colors I do get
The moments I get to freeze 
Of its incredible awe,
drives me to do what I do;
To wake in the wee hours of night
So that I can be in place 
When it reaches that perfect place
And its colors are the Epiphany
 Of what perfection is
And a reminder of the beauty 
Still vaguely visible in our world today. 

In my journeys to chase the sun
I have succumb 
To a much calmer way of life;
An understanding of myself
And the world around me
That I never before 
would have noticed
 nor acknowledged if I had;
Had I not begun each day
With the warmth 
Of the morning ambient light
And a reminder that the world
Is not completely dark just yet
The darkness surly
Would have consumed me.

Oh, to start my day 
with the warmth of the sun
And gratitude in my heart;
In chasing the sun, 
I have learned to accept myself
And this world,
And appreciate the beauty 
That still surrounds us. 
For it is there 
For eyes willing to see
And it is that glorious sun
That breaks the darkness
And will allow us to see
The marvelous still present
In the lives we lead. 

Search for the sunrise!
Start each day with a light in your heart
And something joyful 
To hold onto when life bares its weight.
Cling to the shred of bliss 
That started your day,
And let that moment of grateful thinking
Be your guide to finding 
The beauty 
That always surrounds us.


No comments:

Post a Comment