Thursday, January 16, 2014

First Contest Of 2014!


Dear Readers;

If you are following along on my little mission, then you know what this blog and my mission in creating it is all about. In an effort to keep things fresh for those who follow me and to keep you all motivated, I have created my first contest challenge of the year. 

So I am SURE you ALL read my post about the No Numbers Resolution I have made for 2014? The post I did on January 10th? I knew you had. ;) I am sure you noticed the wonderful picture there of the cute lady in pink with the Santa hat? I have a secret for you: I did not always like that picture! In fact I will be honest, I don't normally like having my picture taken at all. But I noticed something remarkable happen with it. 

When my husband first took that picture we were doing a just for fun photo session in my little studio, and we had a lot of fun with it. I am normally on the OTHER side of the camera so it was a fun little change in my line up. But up came the images at the end and as usually I had something negative to say about most of them.  But with every thing wrong, he shot back with a compliment on the ones he liked. He did not point out typical things like, Your hair looked nice, or that the outfit was cute; he looked at the picture and said, "That is my JellyB! You look like you felt in the photo-HAPPY!" I brushed him off in that moment, but as I did the edits on our shoot, that photo DID actually make me smile, and low and behold, it grew on me. I slowly started to pick out the things I liked about the photo too. 

So Here is the challenge: 
We all have big lists about things we WANT to change about ourselves this year, but I want to know what you DO NOT want to change. I want you to take your favorite photo of yourself, post it on either this blog, my facebook,or my twitter account, and I want you to list 10 things you love about that photo and about the way you felt when that photo was taken. It would also help if you are using social media to send me a quick message so I can check out your post. I am going to pick 3 people and send them gratitude journal of their very own, with a poem customized to each of them on the first page. 

The contest will be up until February 7th, and I will have winners notified on my blog by February the 10th. If I know you in real life, you can post on my facebook page, or if not you can comment directly to the blog or on my twitter page under Jett Boren. Good Luck Everyone!

Artfully Yours,

Jetta Marie


No comments:

Post a Comment