Thursday, January 2, 2014

letter: grateful for intuitions

Dear readers;

Things have been a bit hectic during the holidays. My sweet Chaz has full blown pneumoni, and is resting by me right now. By some miricle, and several dr visits, we have kept him out of the hospital and he is recovering at home. I have been on a lot of antibiotic treatments but he is on 2000 mg of penicillin a day for 10 days. He has been sick since Christmas. But in all this, I still have a lot of hope for this year.

When I was in high school, I took a CNA course and learned a lot about taking care of people who are not at their best and to recognize signs of illness. I also learned basic medical lingo and pharmacology.

Because of that course I have been granted the knowledge I need to help him stay out of the hospital, and I am so grateful for that. Its been really rough, and there are alot of long nights in caring for someone this sick, but the ability I have been given through my training all those years ago has helped me to keep my sweet husband recovering at home. With every labored breath he is taking, I can tell and understand exactly what is going on and exactly what I need to do for him.

For many years I have wondered why I chose to do some of the things I have in my education and my life in general. I took a  CNA course I used for 1year and gave up on. I took phlebotomy with the same result. I learned rudimentary Spanish and Japanese for no real reason, and learned basic Photoshop even though I had no use for knowing it at the time.

I married a man who gets pneumonia and respiratory infections about every other year, and I know how to care for him each time. In my photography career, I use my basic Spanish and Japanese to help the kids I work with who do not speak English well. I had a point where I could not keep myself hydrated and need IV treatments often, and u needed that phlebotomy knowledge to communicate which veins to place the IV because my veins became difficult to draw from. I use the editing program lightroom almost every day and I understand it because I already knew Photoshop.

Even when we don't understand why our intuitions prompt us the way they do, sometimes we just have to trust there is a reason for them. Some where down the road, we will need the knowledge and skills we learn from them to better the lives of those we love and ourselves as well. Trusting something you do not understand is hard, but there is comfort in knowing that there is a divine plan and an all knowing god who guides us to what will be best for us. We are loved, and our tomorrows are bright because we do have intuitive natures. In time we start to understand why we do the things we do, and those moments are truly something to be grateful for. I sure am.

Thank you everyone for all your support, and remember to trust your hearts in your own intuitions and promptings, because someday you will look back and understand them with a gratitude unlike any other. Love you all so much.

Artfully yours,

Jetta Marie

No comments:

Post a Comment