Wednesday, January 22, 2014

Letter: The Art Of Homemade

The Art Of Homemade Goods

Happy Birthday Binary Code Card

Happy Birthday Legend Of Zelda

Dear Readers,

There are alot of us out there that embrace the art of homemade, and I just have to say, I am so grateful for having been taught the skills I have. My mother gave me basic scrap booking skills, and though I try SOO hard to not like it, I was sure grateful for it today. I went out to get birthday cards for family and friends, and my wallet screamed at me. $5 for a birthday card?? REALLY?!? And they did not even really say what I wanted to say. So I went home and made these two personalized cards for my January birthdays, and looking at them, I know they will mean a lot more than a pre-done card.

Homemade goods like cards, canned food, quilts, meals and sewing can make a big difference in a persons life, but they are EXTREMELY time consuming. But as with anything made from scratch, the biggest drive is love. There are so many things I am grateful for in having learned the skills I have. I am grateful for my mother's sense of humor and determination in teaching me when I was not thrilled to learn. The skills I have gained have helped me and my husband survive some very difficult challenges, both financially, physically, and mentally.

 Make it a point today to thank those in your life who have taken the time to learn and to teach you a skill that has made a difference in your life. Cooking, cleaning, crafting, music..etc. these are all things that we have been taught to do in our homes to make our homes places of security and comfort, and someone showed us how that skill was applicable. 

As always, I am so grateful for all of my wonderful readers, and may you get through each day, each struggle and each joy with another gratitude to add to your vaults. 

Artfully yours,

Jetta Marie


No comments:

Post a Comment