Wednesday, March 5, 2014

Mom's Birthday








Photography: Jetta Marie
Poem: Jetta Marie
Gratitude of the day: My Mom; need I say more?

Dear Readers;

I had the wonderful opportunity to spend Feb,6,2014 with my Mom. I know growing up she and I did not see eye to eye AT ALL, but I am so grateful to have her as my mom. She is funny,dedicated to her family, artistic, and just as bull headed as I am, which in raising me was probably a good thing for her to be. She never gave up on me no matter how stubborn and defiant I got.  She is one of my best friends now and I am so glad to have her in my life. Love you, Mom! Happy Birthday.

Mom's Birthday

She is stubborn and determined,
She is bound to get her way
She always has a method 
To have the final say
She is funny, and so quirky
She can be spunky and carefree
Am I referring to my  mother,
Or I am talking about me?
She loves with all her heart,
And always keeps her word
She will have your back
No matter how much your absurd
No matter what the weather,
She's there through thick and thin
No matter how she has to fight
She's there and has always been
She never gives up trying
To prove that you are loved
And even when she falls behind
She keeps trying just because
I have never met a women 
Who loved her children more
Than the one that I call Mother
I love her to the core
There was every reason 
To consider my future gone
But she was in the background
My friend, my strong willed Mom
I am so glad to have her in my life
And I have to truly say
My mom is a huge reason
Why I am here today
She loved me when I hated her
And anger filled my veins
 She did nothing wrong to me
But I was angry just the same
But my mother watched me
And loved me still and prayed
And for that I just want to tell her
Thanks mom, I love you; 
And happiest birthday!









No comments:

Post a Comment