Friday, March 7, 2014

Second Place In Taylorsville Art Show


Photo: Chaz Boren
Gratitude Of The Day: The opportunity to compete in the Taylorsville art show with my cousin, Stephanie, and win second place on two of my pieces. Horray! :)

Dear Readers;

I know that without the companionship and support from my amazing cousin and fellow artist, Ms. Stephanie Killpack, I never would have had the courage to enter this art show in the first place. But I am so grateful that I did! I won TWICE. It is humbling to realize how much people do love what I do in the world of photography, and I am so grateful to be a part of the art community and for the wonderful mentors that I have guiding me as I grow in my techniques and skills.  Everyday I am on the field at Lifetouch, I am being guided and encouraged to be better in my technique and to understand what makes photos amazing or subpar. I learn new things every day and I grow everyday. I am encouraged to grow outside of what I do with the company and become a better artist in my own work. I am the artist I am because of the people who are guiding my natural abilities and encouraging me to shoot for the moon. I may have landed among some amazing starts in this art show, but next time, I am making it to the moon and winning that first place ribbon. Thank you to all of you who are encouraging and loving me as I endeavor to show the world the everyday art around us all. Chaz, Stephie, Ms. Carrie Howlett, Mike Puttnam, my parents and family...you are all wonderful and I could not do this without you. Two second place is amazing for my first art show, but next time I am bringing home the FIRST place for you all. :)

Artfully Yours,

Jetta Marie


No comments:

Post a Comment