Wednesday, November 27, 2013

Poem: Far From The Beaten Paths


Photo: Jetta Marie
Poetry: Jetta Marie
Gratitude Of The Day: Having the honor to live a life uncommon, and well off the beaten path of normal stigmas. I am unique, my life is unique, and I am blessed to be surrounded by friends and family who not only understand that, but encourage it.

Far From The Beaten Paths

IN ones life,
There are many forks in the road;
There are many moments that allow us
To face defining moments 
Where we get to chose what path we will take.

Decisions of destiny
And commitment to the outcomes of those choices
Are roads never easily traveled.
And choices that should never
Be held or considered lightly.

But in a life lived uncommon,
In a commitment to face the rocky ways
By which we make our choices,
With courage and steadfast demeanor;
When you see clearly that others 
Have no intentions to follow or accompany you,
And your path is unmarked, uphill, 
And impossible to predict...

You have a choice in a moment like this;
To run back to follow the path of others,
Or to say a prayer in your heart
And tackle the more difficult path 
One footstep at a time.

You can live in fear as you travel this path,
In a constant state of watching behind you,
Or you can marvel in  the fact 
That none have seen what you are seeing!
Though the climb to the summit 
Can ware you to exhaustion at moments
You can choose to remember the courage
You had in tackling the path at all
And learn to rely 
On the strength of the warrior 
you already are inside.

You can live in the adventure 
And find courage in how far you have come,
and the bravery to keep going
that you have already displayed.
You can live in the wonder 
Of the new, unexplored path you have chosen
Never  surrendering 
To the whispering of fear,
Or you can follow the path 
That everybody else 
Has already traveled
And furthermore, 
Trampled the flowers and greenery
As they came in hoards 
On what they deemed,
"The Easy Way  Home."

I for one, 
Was once like them;
Afraid that I could not succeed 
In traveling my own way.
Afraid of being alone
And having to rely on myself for survival.

But through watching those before me
Brave enough to leave the herd;
By following and understanding
They examples they set,
In accepting who they were 
And never failing to display courage
In a way I never thought I could; 
In watching them laugh 
When others insulted and called them ignorant 
For leaving the well beaten path;
When they returned to me stronger
Happier,
And with much greater stories to tell
Then I could have ever imagined.

Through their example of bravery
Through watching them never settle for ordinary
And inviting me often 
To join in the uncommon life
That they lived and chose each day;
In watching them 
I found the strength inside,
And took that first step
Onto an uncertain path
For which there was no prediction of outcome.
And I for one,
Have never looked back.

This uncommon life that I lead
The chances and leaps of faith I take
And yes, even the consequences that follow 
Have shaped me into more
Than a worn path ever could.
Hardship, though exhausting,
Is something I would much rather face
Than living a life without the beauty 
And growth in myself,
That I get to see when I travel the roads alone.
Forget the well worn path of others;
For I desire more than the common,
More than that already discovered,
And more than trodden dusty path of everybody else.
I desire freedom;
I desire adventure and new beauty;
I desire to live far 
from the unbeaten path of others.







No comments:

Post a Comment