Tuesday, November 26, 2013

Poem: An Ode To Dogs

           
 
Photo: Jetta Marie
Poetry: Jetta Marie
Gratitude Of The Day: My sweet dogs, Dax and Jazzie-Bell, who never give up when it comes to making me smile, even when I don't feel like it. 



An Ode Dogs

Animals are wonderful
They do not judge or care
if you are successful
 or if you  have all your hair

They do not care how much you weigh
they will be there still with love
so long as you can take the time
to give a belly rub

They really just don't understand
The lady at your work
Or that the reason for your tears 
is that she's a jerk

They do not care if you were wrong
when you had that fight
all they want to really know
is if you are alright

Slimy kisses, stinky breath
some may wonder what's their charm?
When they are rowdy or obnosious
or leave goobers on your arm

Those who ask those questions
are not seeing past stigmas fog
And odviously have never had
the companionship of a dog

There when you need them,
through thick and think
never judging your mistakes
impossible for them to be
insincere or fake

like a child all they see
is a person that they love
they just dont care about your flaws
they still love you, just becasue

no is not an answer
when you are sad and blue
to a dog they know one thing
something they must do

"my person's sad 
and its my job 
to fix that if i can
oh yes I know, this always works
I will slobber on their hand

it will gross them out at first, 
but then the plan you see
it to grab my toy and shake it hard
so they will look at me

Then I will run around and play
until I see them smile
Then its time for snuggles
though that may take a while

And once my plan's completed 
mom will be OK
Once I get them past the tears
Then with Dad I will lay."

This is what goes on
inside that doggy brain
And this is why we love them
from Yorkie to Great Danes


No comments:

Post a Comment