Tuesday, February 18, 2014

Poem: Returning from the darkness

Return From The Darkness



Photos: Jetta Marie
Poem: Jetta Marie

Returning from the darkenss

The fog clouds my mind
And makes it impossible to see anything
Past the darkness that surrounds me.
It makes it hard to hear anything 
But the whispers of apathy
That are brewing inside me at this moment.
I have been wandering so long,
And am growing so weary
Of not having seen an ounce of beauty
In the desolate winter
That I have come to know these past months.
Will, nothing change?
Will spring never come again?
Will I wander through this dreary existence 
That I am calling a life
Until I can truly no longer feel
Even the sadness I have become accustom to?
What purpose then, do I serve my maker,
If there is no vision inside me
No reason to go on
No strength left to push me on?
But still, though all I see now are the shadows 
That I have made friends with
During this time of isolation from the world,
I remember a vague image of my past;
Of something called light
Of something called enjoyment
Of something baring the essence of beauty.
Though the image is faint,
It gives me a reason to keep searching
The desolate ice of winter
For the one splash of color 
That I can hold onto
Until spring finally comes again.
I know from the past, 
That spring will come again
No matter how distant it may seem.
It shall break this icy death of heart
That I call depression
And free me from this endless abyss
of dreary, disheartening darkness.
Spring will come,
And I will cling to the little life I have found
Until the sunlight warms my face
And I am freed from the haunted shell
That I have drawn into during this time of fear.
Spring will come, 
And after all this ice and snow and bitter chill,
It will be ever so eagerly received
As I make my return 
From the grips of darkness.





No comments:

Post a Comment