Thursday, September 4, 2014

Poem- Little Hopes


Little Hopes




The world has got me down today
For eternity I want to lay
Alone in tears from all this pain
My mind is drifting from things sane.

But in my shallow darkness bleak
Though I feel so tired and weak,
I try to find those little things
 Things of beauty now to sing.

So like a game I seek life's gifts
In hope this sadness will then lift
So here they are in proper pose
my glistening dew upon my rose;

I am grateful for the sky and trees
For the people who are there for me,
For the sense of calm in raging storm
For being nothing at all near norm,

For the way I see the world around
For the way I hear each wave of sound
For the power to learn from what I lack
For the classy shirt upon my back.

I guess though hard I can be glad
And remember the things that I DO have. 
My day of pain has changed one hue,
Oh, the power of brighter views! 
One little hope to lift the blues
The amazing power of gratitude.







No comments:

Post a Comment