Sunday, August 17, 2014

Shout Out: Adventure at Uptown Cheapskates


Adventure At Uptown Cheapskates In Murray


Photo: Jetta Marie
Gratitude Of The Day: New adventures and the awesome people who make them so much fun.

No matter how under the weather I am feeling I cannot seem to give up the opportunity for an adventure, even just a mini one. So Chaz and I decided to gather up our unused clothing and shoes and take it  to a little place called Uptown Cheapskates. Being the "determined" (and POSSIBLY a tad bull-headed) person that I am I decided that since I could not go to work due to temporary restrictions from the ER doctor, I was going to do at least one productive thing today. I am very glad for my stubbornness in this instance because this place is awesome and I came in contact with Tasha. What an awesome young lady.

I have always been curious about selling to thrift stores but have been a bit hesitant. I have a certain disposition, as do a lot of people I am sure, to not have the best expectations in mind. I tend to think of some musky shop who finds it entertaining to buy Grandpa's old leisure suits and resell them for prices they have not been worth since their utter demise in the 80's. But I was very happily surprised today because this store has some really trendy and hot items and the prices are great.

But the best part for a newbie thrifter like myself was how great this young lady was when I got there. She was very laid back, friendly and knowledgeable about current trends and was able to walk me through what was in current trend and what was not. She went through all the articles of clothing I brought in and talked to me about every piece in there, showing me how what I brought differed from the current fashions and by the end of the bag I was kind of sad I did not have some more for her to coach me on. In the end there were only a few pieces that were of any interest and I put it on store credit. I can not wait to go back with Chaz and show him what I learned. Most of the clothing was his so I still have a bit to learn on women trends. But Chaz is going to look amazing when we use that credit for some updates to his wardrobe. Photo session with my favorite model anyone? But of course there will be! 

Thank you Tasha for giving this old lady a much needed trend update and an amazing impression. You are awesome and don't you forget it. 

Artfully Yours,

Jetta Marie






No comments:

Post a Comment