Tuesday, March 1, 2016


A New Day


Photography: Jett Boren
Gratitude of the day: New Beginnings and never giving up

Dear Readers;

Guess what? I did not fall off the face of the earth! Woo- Hoo and whatnot and such. :D  However, due to the lack of posts over the last year I do feel the need to explain where the heavens I have been hiding.

Depression reared its ugly head, and reading through this blog I think we could all see that struggle was getting very difficult for me. I am not going to fib and say everything is all better now and that I am cured and all is well. That would be a bold faced lie and a half.

But I have had a lot of time to soul search over the past year and to work on taking care of the emotional challenges that I face. I have regrouped, so to speak. I discovered in early 2015 that in addition to having bipolar, I had an underlying issue that had been repressed and was trying to surface. I was diagnosed as having complex PTSD. After having to be hospitalized again, thankfully in an outpatient program this time rather than a full on lock up at the psych ward, I was able to work through some things and get back into counseling with a counselor that has honestly been a true God sent. With her friendship and guidance, Chaz and I discover some holes in my past that have been holding me back. I learned all kinds of fancy tools for emotional regulation and am truly on the road to recovery.

As part of that recovery I am starting my blog up again. I know that in my challenges I have become stronger and that I can now help many of you to do the same. I am not perfect and I am done making weekly goals and committing to things I can't handle. But I can do my best to light the way for others, and to take those difficulties and not be ashamed. To share them so that others can light their flames and find comfort and gratitude in their day. I am here to pave a path of hope and to light a flame inside each of you. Things get difficult; life is a challenge every single day but I can tell you that no matter how hard things get, there IS beauty in this world still. And I am committed to sharing that beauty here for us all.

I had to sub-come to the ashes for a bit; that is bipolar and its my life. I don't wish it on anyone, but I also know that it will light my wings going forward. I am a phoenix, ready to rise again and remember how to soar. Ready to light the way for others again and to share the things I have learned from the wisdom of the ash. I will burn again at some point and I know that is perfectly OK. I am what I am and I make no apologies for that. I accept it and grow from my mistakes and challenges and I embrace who I am both the weak and the strong. I am ready to soar again and to light the wings of those who follow me. Who is coming with me? Its a bright new day, folks. Lets get out there and find something beautiful in today!

-Jett M Boren

No comments:

Post a Comment